Sunday 4 October 2009

Goodbye; Hwyl Fawr; Au revoir!


The time has come and now I have to say 'farewell' to everyone in Penrhys. I have been here a little over four years now and it has been a real privilige and joy to minister here - not without its challenges of course, but an oyster can't make a pearl without a bit of grit.
I took the picture this morning, as we were getting ready for our harvest service. The banner is new, especially for harvest, comissioned by Paul who insisted that a black sheep be included (if you want to know why, you'll have to ask him). The harvest banner shows a tree with leaves that have written upon them the words of the fruits of the spirit. So, our tables held the fruits of the earth and our banner proclaimed the fruits of the spirit, all of which God wants to produce the best harvest. As I prepare to move on to take up my journey amongst another group of God's people, I will take this symbolizm with me. Penrhys is place that has fertile soil for spiritual growth and the memories and experiences we shared together have helped me learn more about my journey with God. I will always cherish the time I spent here and I thank God for the people I have come to know and love.
I'll never forget you and I will continue to pray and think of you all often. I will visit - I've promised the children... with lots of love, Sian xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sad day, I can't believe the Penrhys era is over, it has been such a life changing place.
The banner looks smashing by the way xx

narae kim said...

oh. Sian. are you leaving? that's so sad. I am sure God wil lead you to the best place where your talents can be shown. Anyway, it is sad that you are not in Penrhys anymore. what i can say for you now is that you have been really nice and smart pastor during your ministry up the hill. Thank you for your love and hope you remember to pray for Penrhys wherever you go.

Elyse said...

Time passes by! Thank you, Sian, for your time and heart for Penrhys, and for keeping the community's hope alive. Thank you for sharing news about what was happening up the hill as well, so I could remember this place where God started to work in my heart in a way I could never have known - to serve Him and the His world. It was a great pleasure for me to meet you finally before you left :). I wish you all the richness from our Lord and lots of blessings...